Bristol City Council has now sent out offers of places in our Early Years/Reception classes for September 2015.
If you have received an offer and have not yet visited the school you can contact the school office (0117 377 2610) to arrange a visit.
For late applications, and for places in other years, please contact Bristol City Council admissions team, via www.bristol.gov.uk
Work continues on the Elmgrove site, and you can see more about the building and grounds on our School Expansion page.
The school was inspected on 25th and 26th June 2014.
The school was pleased with the results of the inspection, which judged that the overall effectiveness of the school is 'Good'.
The following judgements were also made:
- Achievement of Pupils - Good
- Quality of Teaching - Good
- Behaviour and safety of pupils - Good
- Leadership & Management - Outstanding
The summary of key findings includes:
* All groups of pupils achieve well. Attainment is, currently, above the latest national averages in both key stages.
* Most pupils are, currently, making good progress in reading, writing and mathematics.
* Pupils benefit from teaching that is usually good, with a growing amount that is outstanding.
* Reading is taught very well. Pupils quickly grasp the skills they need and go on to become fluent readers with a love of books.
* Pupils behave well and value their school. They have positive attitudes to learning and take good care of each other.
* The headteacher and senior team provide very strong leadership. They promote high quality teaching, which results in pupils’ achievement being good and improving.
* Governors are rigorous and efficient in conducting their responsibilities. They are focused exceptionally well on improving outcomes for all pupils.
Latest School Calendar Events
- Half Term25May2015
- Reception Tea & Cakes12Jun2015
15:30 pm - 16:00 pm @ School hall
- Inset Day29Jun2015
School closed for Inset Day
- Last day of term17Jul2015
School breaks up today for the summer holidays.
- Inset Day20Jul2015
Inset Day school closed
- Summer holiday21Jul2015
This section explains how children are assessed, how assessments are reported to parents, and the results our children achieved across the whole school at the end of 2014.
The school has adopted the innovative Edison curriculum and parents who missed the recent meeting about it can watch the slideshow presentations for each Year via the Learning/Curriculum Info menu above, or see the Overview by clicking here.
Colston's Primary School, 18 Cotham Grove, Bristol, BS6 6AL Tel: 0117 377 2610
To contact us by email please use the Contact Form.
Colston's Primary @ColstonsPrimary
30 Jan International Week starts on Monday 2nd Feb, with our Peace Concert in the hall on Thursday at 3.30 pm
30 Jan RT @andyeeeee: @ColstonsPrimary year 3/4 footballers behaved brilliantly & played some fantastic football against @SportCHS earlier - they …
30 Jan RT @5oclockapron: School tmrw 2 make Chapati with the kids @ColstonsPrimary & using some of these lovely muddy carrots 4 raita @TCFarm http…
11 Nov 2014 RT @childssulzmann: Work has started on the new annexe we've designed for @ColstonsPrimary http://t.co/mtgemC8jip
11 Nov 2014 RT @BristolLS: Both sessions today are from Colstons Primary School @ColstonsPrimary #Cotham #BS6. 60 pupils making themselves safer!
Follow us on Twitter